Wednesday, April 25, 2007

That Darned Cell Phone!

I need a cell phone. I've got a cell phone. I hate my cell phone.

A friend "text messaged" me this afternoon, and I didn't notice until 6:30pm. I missed the opportunity to meet up with them. We've been trying to get together for about 3 weeks.

My phone doesn't ring often, so when I'm around the house, I don't keep it with me at all times. If I'm downstairs, I try and keep it downstairs. If I'm going to be upstairs for awhile, I try and take it with me. If I'm in the shower, it stays wherever it is.

It's a necessary evil, and it can be VERY evil in the middle of lunch; in the middle of a meeting; or when you're going number 2.

My former cell phone would vibrate when I got a text message. And would vibrate every 5 minutes, until I opened the damned thing. This new one doesn't. But it does have 40-11 different ringtones, none of which I have any interest in; and I can play Quandra Pop on it until the president makes a smart move. But, it doesn't let me know when I've missed a text message. So, what use is it?

No comments: